Over the past year, I’ve made quite a few posts about Milk, beginning with the story of my walk around San Francisco’s City Hall. I thought you might want to check them out.
- Milk Trailer Released… and my walk around SF’s City Hall
- Take a Moment to Give Thanks for How Far We’ve Come, marking the 30th anniversary of Harvey Milk and George Moscone’s assassinations
- Milk: Experiencing the Preview, One Woman Shares Her Thoughts, my friend Pat’s lovely description of attending a Milk screening in The Castro.
- Where Was Milk Before the Election? My thoughts after seeing the movie.
- Texas: Drink Your Milk Somewhere Else. After the LGBT community discovered that Cinemark theater mogul Alan Stock had made a significant donation in support of California’s Proposition 8, there was a cry to take LGBT movie dollars somewhere else to see Milk.
And of course, the Academy Awards and the aftermath:
- Off to the Academy Awards… Sort Of … I saw the award show at a very big, very gay, AIDS fundraiser in San Francisco.
- Listen All You Commie, Homo-Lovin’ Sons of Guns … Sean Penn gets eloquent and to the point.
- Best Academy Awards Speech Ever … Screenwriter Dustin Lance Black makes everyone cry.